Thursday, May 13, 2010

Time ...


I recently had 3 and a half weeks off from work. Well, I didn't really have it off I was on a medical leave of absence. Stress. I'm not a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon. I work in the entertainment industry. I know ... what kind of stress could I possibly have. Plenty. No matter what we do we have stress, all of us. Its part of the fast life we live. Get the kids ready for work, pack lunches, drop your mate off at work then drive 10 miles to get yourself to work. Get that paper on the lives of army ants in on time. Have dinner ready when the family gets home ... and so on. All stress makers. And we all deals with it in different ways. Drugs, booze,gambling.

Again, I'm going down a different road then I started on.


Time.


The first day that I was off I make a list of all the things I wanted to do. Paint. Write. Act. Blog. Work out. Walk the dogs. All great ways of elevating stress. The second day I turned on the TV. Need I say more. 3 and a half weeks is gone in a blink of an eye. Whoosh ... gone.


Now I'm back to work with no time ... no time to do anything I wanted to do.


Lesson learned? Yes ... next time take 4 weeks off.

2 comments:

  1. aawwhh! tsk tsk and here I asm waiting to see how your next yoga class went..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... as a matter of fact I went yesterday. Great class. I plan to go every Sunday, fingers crossed !

    ReplyDelete